CIPS is the world’s largest professional body serving procurement and supply; a not-for profit organisation that exists for the public. We have the largest membership of procurement and supply professionals in the world, covering all industries, sectors and job activities and have a global community of over 115,000 in 150 countries. Throughout the world CIPS qualifications are recognised as the drivers of leading-edge thinking and professionalism in procurement and supply.
MCIPS membership grade is globally recognised as the professional licence signifying high achievement and ongoing commitment to excellence in procurement and supply.
About our qualifications and exams
We offer five qualifications to support your professional development in procurement and supply.
- Certificate in procurement and supply operations
- Advanced certificate in procurement and supply operations
- Diploma in procurement and supply
- Advanced diploma in procurement and supply
- Procurement diploma in procurement and supply
CIPS holds computer-based exams six times a year in January, March, May, July, September and November. In Malawi paper-based exams are also available twice per year. in July and November. You will be required to join CIPS as a Student Member before you can enter for an exam.
Find about more about becoming a member on the CIPS website www.cips.org. The British Council administers exams on behalf of CIPS but all payments for registration, membership and exams are done directly with CIPS through your MYCIPS account. .
Information for CIPS Students Transferring to the Updated Syllabus
If you are currently studying for any of CIPS qualifications. Here is some helpful guidance for you:
- The qualification titles have stayed the same.
- We will automatically transfer any successfully completed units in the 2013 syllabus and your updated qualifications plan when all of your final results are in.
- You will never be expected to repeat learning already achieved.
- You will be expected to complete the required number of credits to complete the award.
- Anyone who has passed exams or has been awarded exemptions on 2013 syllabus will be given credits for subjects within the updated 2018 syllabus.
Here's a quick online guide to find out what your transfer will look like.
Information for CIPS students who recently paid money into the British Council Standard bank account for membership or exams.
Please be advised that British Council no longer processes membership applications/renewals or exam registrations. If you recently paid money into our account for CIPS membership renewal/application or exam registration, please download and complete the refund application form at the bottom of this page and along with your proof of payment submit the documents to us through Info@britishcouncil.org.mw .